Heidi and I, after over 30 years of marriage, continue to grow in our love for each other. We are deeply committed to our three children. From Jeremy who serves in the Marines, to Joel who rivals my knowledge of history and geography, and Gailynn who is preparing to care for our future generations as a pediatrician.
Together we work to make Pullman and our world a better place.
Heidi and Gailynn while working with a medical team this summer in Ecuador.
Jeremy with his fellow marines
Joel stirring the big pot of Lentil Chili
A Strong History
Pullman doesn’t exist in a vacuum, but what happens in Olympia and Washington D.C. impacts our community.
I have worked hard to influence the Washington state legislature, state and federal agencies, and Congress to act based on what is best for Pullman.
I believe that a person’s value is inherent and not based on their individual physical characteristics. Each person has the ability to positively impact society and the people around them. It is important for each of us to make time to listen to each person and all sides of an issue.
The best solutions can only be accomplished if we pool our skills and knowledge and work collaboratively together.
The people in our community is what makes Pullman great. I believe that it is important to invest and serve all community members. We need to respect those who have gone before us while preparing the next generation of leaders.
We must invest in consistent managed economic growth to insure we have the living wage and entry-level jobs necessary to meet employment needs as well as a fiscally appropriate tax base to meet community infrastructure requirements.
Pullman’s Awards & Honors
I am dedicated and committed to Pullman and have worked hard to make Pullman a vibrant growing community. It has been my pleasure to serve alongside a number of passionate enthusiastic community members. These awards illustrate how our hard work has paid off.
- Pullman ranked 8th safest city in Washington for 2019
- Pullman among livability.com’s top 100 Best Places to Live
- Pullman Forbes’ No. 1 manufacturing small city
- Pullman ranks 25th among top 100 Best Places to Live
- Pullman ranked 8th among 30 safest college towns in America
- Pullman community among top cities for green transportation
- Whitman County ranked healthiest county in Washington
- Pullman among fastest growing cities in Washington
- Pullman among 20 safest Washington cities
- Pullman Among the 2017 Safest College Towns in America